[MacRuby-devel] ActiveSupport in MacRuby 0.6?

Leigh Caplan texel1 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 13:46:19 PDT 2010

I remember reading that ActiveSupport was going to be supported in MacRuby 0.6, however version 2.3.5 of the gem still fails to load with the following message:
irb(main):003:0> require 'activesupport'
NoMethodError: undefined method `alias_method_chain' for Range:Class

Same thing happened in 0.5...

On an unrelated note, I now seem to be unable to run macgem, macirb, etc without sudoing – if I try to run as my ordinary user, I seem to time out with an "abort trap." Tried explicitly granting +r permissions on the MacRuby.framework itself, but no dice.

Anyway, help is much appreciated. And thanks to everyone working on this project!

Leigh