[MacRuby-devel] Threading Problems

Jan Kassens jankassens at gmail.com
Sat May 15 08:25:37 PDT 2010

Hi,

I’m writing a small widget application rendering a couple of NSView subclasses which update periodically.

The widgets are subclasses of [1] and added as subviews to my main view, but the more I add the more likely are some random errors thrown on initialization.
The errors include a variety of failed assertions and seg faults (see [2] for examples) and don’t yield any helpful clues. I’m guessing that I’m dealing with something not thread-safe here.

Am I doing something wrong here? I’m doing all the drawing inside the drawRect(rect) method (or synchronously called methods) which I don’t call manually. “update” pulls data from various resources, but doesn’t draw.

[1] WidgetView class: http://pastie.textmate.org/private/hwfozrwudk2lcwzker20q
[2] Different Errors: http://pastie.textmate.org/private/vbp7iuw11ig26zxegzg

Jan