[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby book, new chapter 1 - better example

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Sun May 16 13:53:45 PDT 2010

Based on all the great comments I received about the draft of my MacRuby
book http://macruby.labs.oreilly.com I decided to rewrite the introduction
chapter and move away from the AddressBook example and instead built a hello
world GUI app.

[image: ch01_hello_world.png]
http://macruby.labs.oreilly.com/figs/ch01_hello_world.png

I just republished the first chapter online
http://macruby.labs.oreilly.com/ch01.html  and I would really appreciate
your help reviewing it and letting me know what you think.

I received quite a few questions about the book content and/or MacRuby
questions related to the book. While I don't mind responding by emails, I
figured it would be best if we would do that in public way so I created a
new google group for people reviewing the book but also for people learning
MacRuby through the book:

http://groups.google.com/group/*macruby-book-review*<http://groups.google.com/group/macruby-book-review>

Thanks,

- Matt