[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby class inside obj-c

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue May 18 16:16:58 PDT 2010

Indeed, methods with normal arities (0..n arguments) conform to the Objective-C ABI, so using the bracket syntax just works. But for Ruby methods using complex arities (like splat or optional arguments), you will likely get a crash. This is why the -performRubySelector: method was introduced. It is better to always use that method, because it always works (in theory).

Laurent