[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby methods with external frameworks

Louis-Philippe default at spiralix.org
Thu Nov 4 09:05:51 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a funny problem,
I have a framework I created, ObjCHiredis <http://github.com/lp/ObjCHiredis>,
which works with MacRuby.  Except I can't use methods with more than one
arguments in it???
like:  ObjCHiredis.redis works fine but ObjCHiredis.redis("127.0.0.1",
on:6379) doesn't.  ???  I know from my methods are OK as my Framework test
suite, in Objective-C passes the test, and I tried it in an other
Objective-C runtime language, Nu, which handles it flawlessly.

I first thought this problem was related to methods arguments overload, but
an other very unique method also does it:

framework "ObjCHiredis"

p redis = ObjCHiredis.alloc.init
p redis.connect("127.0.0.1", on:6379)

=> #<ObjCHiredis:0x2000d5c80>
=> wrong number of arguments (2 for 0) (ArgumentError)

I feel like the error must be mine... but it works elsewhere and I looked
everywhere for a solution inside my code without avail.

thanks!

L-P