[MacRuby-devel] System crash - MacRuby priority

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sat Nov 6 19:23:01 PDT 2010

Hi Robert,

What do you mean by making the system crash? Does a kernel panic happen, or does the system just become unusable?

If a kernel panic happen, or if any core service segfaults because of your app, then you should report this via http://bugreporter.apple.com as others indicated. If the system becomes unusable your app is probably using too much resources. You should profile it using Shark (or Instruments) and see what's going on. Feel free to upload the profile somewhere if you want us to have a look.

Laurent