[MacRuby-devel] System crash - MacRuby priority

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun Nov 7 14:47:03 PST 2010

At 7:19 PM -0400 11/6/10, Robert Rice wrote:
> Can I lower the priority of my MacRuby application?

There are some commands that mess with the scheduling
priority, but this (AFAIK) only deals with CPU activity.
It sounds like the problem you're having is related to
I/O bandwidth.  That said, here are some man pages:

 % man nice
 nice -- execute a utility with an altered scheduling priority

 % man renice
 renice -- alter priority of running processes

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Technical editing and writing, programming, system design