[MacRuby-devel] Neat MacRuby app, HotCocoa, and more!

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:14:38 PST 2010

Hey Leigh,

I don't (currently) have much of an opinion about HotCocoa, but regarding the specific example you give, there has been some talk about implementing the Ruby net/* libraries on top of NSURLConnection and friends. In the past, the problem has been that NSURLConnection is inherently async and the net/* libraries attempt to do things a bit more synchronous. However, maybe we could use an alternative Ruby library (like HTTParty) as a starting point instead?

Cheers,

Josh