[MacRuby-devel] NSEvent MacRuby (updated)

András Zalavári zalavariandris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:51:00 PST 2010

(I'm not sure if the previous mail was sent otherwise sorry for the multiple
posts)

Hello, I'm new to MacRuby. I found an unexpected behavior of NSEvent.

first of all in Cocoa [NSEvent mouseLocation] would return an NSPoint, with
the mouse position. MacRuby NSEvent.mouseLocation return an NSPoint, but
without the appropriate values.

*irb(main):001:0> framework 'cocoa'*
*2010-11-15 13:45:35.880 macruby[669:903] +[NSATSGlyphGenerator initialize]
invocation.  The class is deprecated.*
*=> true*
*irb(main):002:0> NSEvent.mouseLocation*
*=> #<NSPoint **x=NaN y=NaN**>*

*
*

it does not even work within a mouseUp method, with an NSEvent instance.

I tried the same code on an iMac, and it returns the appropriate code, as a
CGPoint.
so there must be differences between the two.
I even got this warning Message NSATSGlyphGenerator on the MacBook, which I
dont on the iMac

Please help figure out the solution!

Thanks
Andras Zalavari

I'm using  Macbook, and MacRuby 7.0... or 7.1?
how to check the version of MacRuby

t?