[MacRuby-devel] Future MacRuby support for "name-mangling" ?

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Nov 21 17:35:18 PST 2010

Hi Scott,

Supporting this has been in discussion for a while, however I'm against it for consistency sake. If we allow methods to be defined or messaged using different styles, it can create confusion and ambiguity in some cases (especially if you start overloading methods).

If you have a good feature proposal in mind, feel free to describe it, maybe this could be implemented in a way confusion and ambiguity will be avoided.

Laurent