[MacRuby-devel] Hotcocoa documentation

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 23:29:46 PDT 2010

> Is there some information somewhere about why Hotcocoa was dropped? If
> not, a few words of explanation here would be appreciated! Hotcocoa
> does stand out as a pretty nifty gadget, although I can imagine it's a
> lot of work to maintain it.

I don't think there's information about it anywhere, but only because there's nothing much to say.

HotCocoa was started by Rich Kilmer, and I can't speak for him but from what I saw he's very busy and doesn't have time to work on HotCocoa. In fact most of the work he did on HotCocoa was done when he was attending various conferences.

And well after Rich stopped working on it no one decided to continue working on it, that's pretty much it. As Laurent said it's opensource, it's on Github so if anyone wants to work on it, just fork it!

There was a time when HotCocoa was included in MacRuby, but there's no reason to continue including something that's not maintained anymore, and there's already enough work to do on MacRuby itself.