[MacRuby-devel] Data Formatters Temporarily Unavailable?

Shaun August shaun at eoslightmedia.com
Mon Oct 11 10:16:49 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem running a ruby script as a shell script

I am getting the same error when I call this script:

  puts `sudo restart.rb`

or this:

  puts `restart.rb`

The script runs perfectly when I use the macirb in terminal so I am a bit stumped.

Here is the error message:

Running…

sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
warning: check_safe_call: could not restore current frame

Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a 'continue'. (Can't find dlopen function, so it is not possible to load shared libraries.)
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
shutdown: NOT super-user

Debugger stopped.
Program exited with status value:1.(gdb)

Thanks,

Shaun