[MacRuby-devel] NSArray constructor broken?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Oct 14 06:31:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:15:34 -0400 Louis-Philippe
<default at spiralix.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> on my system, with MacRuby 0.7, I get this error:
>
> >> NSArray.array
> ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments
>
> every NSArray constructor method seems to exibit some kind of
> similar behaviour.
> I searched the tickets and couldn't find it there.

I had a similarly interesting problem last night with the brand new
0.7. I can summarize it this way:

$ macirb --simple-prompt
>> framework 'AppKit'=> true
>> NSSpeechSynthesizer.availableVoices
TypeError: can't convert Class into String

This is clearly wrong. (It is even an example given in
http://macruby.labs.oreilly.com/ch01.html and clearly should work.)

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com