[MacRuby-devel] Launch an app from the command line

corey johnson probablycorey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 11:04:10 PDT 2010

I'm trying to figure out how to launch a macruby app (with a cocoa UI)
from the command line without relying on xcode or xcodebuild. The
problem i'm running into is that the NSBundle.mainBundle is not being
set when I run the app from the command line. I've tried using this:

    macruby -C. myApp.rb

But that doesn't set the bundle to the current directory and I get this error:

    No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in
the Info.plist file, exiting

Is it possible to run a macruby app from the command line? Should I be
using macrubyc to do this?

Thanks,
Corey