[MacRuby-devel] Launch an app from the command line

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Oct 18 16:29:48 PDT 2010

Hi Corey,

As some already figured it out, you need to create an application bundle (.app) around your MacRuby script (with an Info.plist file, and so on), then run it from the command-line.

macrubyc can be used to compile your script into a binary executable, but you still need to wrap it inside a .app bundle in order to get your app running as a regular Cocoa app.

HTH,
Laurent