[MacRuby-devel] NSArray constructor broken?

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon Oct 18 16:36:30 PDT 2010

On Oct 16, 2010, at 8:58 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:30:58 -0700 Laurent Sansonetti
> <lsansonetti at apple.com> wrote:
>> Hi Perry,
>>
>> The fix will ship in the next release (likely 0.8). As it may not
>> happen soon, I recommend to grab a nightly build in the meantime.
>
> It would seem to be significant enough a bug to patch in the released
> version, wouldn't it?

We generally don't do micro releases, as MacRuby's trunk is more stable than the previous releases. We are very careful to only commit bug fixes or well-tested features in trunk to not introduce any serious regression (everything else is developed in separate branches). So we recommend people to live on nightly builds.

Release management is hard and as I'm the only person doing releases, they tend to happen every 3-5 months based on what was developed in trunk. Of course we could do more frequent releases if people would be interested in helping :-)