[MacRuby-devel] Profiling macruby code

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Oct 21 14:44:28 PDT 2010

Hi Corey,

I don't think we have a real profiler solution yet. We could make the Ruby profilers work on MacRuby for the upcoming release, though, if you file a ticket.

Ideally, I think we should make Shark/Instrument able to interpret Ruby methods, by feeding them with symbols somehow. Currently, Shark doesn't know about Ruby methods in stack frames, but I assume that if we generate a dSYM bundle it would.

Laurent