[MacRuby-devel] Release Build

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Tue Sep 7 23:31:31 PDT 2010

Hi Henry,

Sorry for the late response.

On Sep 6, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Henry Maddocks wrote:

> I've been working on a MacRuby/Cocoa app and I'm getting to close to release. Is their any docs on how to prepare your app for release? Any tips or tricks?
>
> I know I will need to embed MacRuby in my app but is there anything else that is required/recommended, eg. can you compile the code?

You just need to add the Embed and Compile targets in your project. These targets just call the macruby_deploy command-line tool on your application bundle, so you may want to look at the tool by yourself in case your build process is different.

These 2 operations will embed MacRuby and compile all your project's source code into machine code, removing the .rb files after. It should then be ready for release.

Let us know if you have any problem.