[MacRuby-devel] New iOS developer agreement

Scott Ribe scott_ribe at killerbytes.com
Thu Sep 9 18:57:22 PDT 2010

On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:54 PM, Caio Chassot wrote:

> No, MacRuby is garbage-collected, and there's no garbage collection in iOS.

I sure as heck hope that Apple is planning on changing this, once they get the RAM in these devices up to 1 o2 gb... But for now, I suspect that GC is a poor fit, because it lets the "high-water mark" of RAM usage drift higher between collections than careful manual memory management...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe at elevated-dev.com
http://www.elevated-dev.com/