[MacRuby-devel] Noob question: Interface builder not picking up MacRuby definitions

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 03:50:20 PDT 2010

On 15 Sep 2010, at 10:45, Felix Holmgren wrote:

> This might not be it, but IB is in generall pretty bad at picking up
> changes in code. Try Reload All Class Files from the File menu. When
> you're coding Objective-C you sometimes even have to do "Read All
> Class Files..." and manually point IB to the right header file. IB is
> great in general, but this can be pretty frustrating."

Thanks for the reply. I tried reloading the files and no change. I also tried dragging the file into the IB window but get the message "Parsed 1 source file but no classes were found or changed. I get this message even if I do change the file.

This is repeatable and only happens with MacRuby, (I just tested it with a brand new project) so I don't think it's (solely) down to this kind of flakiness or I'd expect to work once in the n times I've tried it.

Or maybe I am as unlucky as my lottery winnings suggest? :(

Regards,
Iain