[MacRuby-devel] dylib hell

Steven Parkes smparkes at smparkes.net
Thu Sep 16 10:44:27 PDT 2010

C.f. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=115763&start=280: i.e., CFNetwork/CFURL/NSURL use sqlite to cache responses.

> It seems to prevent any user of Cocoa to use a different version of sqlite3.

Well, it doesn't prohibit it, but it does raise the issue of whether the APIs are compatible. I'm also not sure what would happen under iOS where if you want to override sqlite, you have to do it statically (app store requirements) but if CFNetwork binds it dynamically ... I don't know enough about how the dl loader works.

> You should report it to Apple I think: http://bugreporter.apple.com.

Honestly, feels kinda quixotic.