[MacRuby-devel] Debugging API... standalone? documented? where?

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Fri Sep 17 19:14:19 PDT 2010

Hi Clay,

On Sep 17, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Clay Bridges wrote:

> Like some of you, I keep tabs on MacRuby and nu. I showed the nu guys
> this quote from the 0.6 release:
>
> "An interesting feature of the debugger is that it has been abstracted
> into a simple Objective-C API, of which macrubyd is just one client.
> In the future we might see other clients." [1]
>
> Tim Burks (created nu) wrote back:
>
>> Can you point out a link to the simple Objective-C API" that Laurent
>> mentioned? Do we have to pull it from the MacRuby source?
>
> What's the story?

Yes, it's in the MacRuby source, for now. Look at the MacRubyDebuggerConnector.h header file.

Note that this API is to control the MacRuby debugger. macrubyd is a command-line executable which connects to the MacRuby debugger using this API.

I am not sure if this API would be interesting to Nu, unless it's about creating a Nu-based debugger for MacRuby apps.