[MacRuby-devel] Apps that look like Twitter Clones

Keenan Brock keenan at thebrocks.net
Wed Apr 6 23:05:55 PDT 2011

Hi All,

While I have no desire to write a twitter clone, I do feel that many applications are leveraging many UI components from twitter applications like Tweetie.

One example that comes to mind is the sparrow email client. While it is heavily inspired by twitter, it is by no means a twitter client.

Has anyone stumbled across any good reads out there that walk through creating the various visual elements of a twitter client?

The main twitter feed with the various hotspots, icons, colors, images.
Theming the main feed.
Making the icon bars

I'm currently trying to leverage the following 3 articles, but was hoping people may have some other pointers.

http://isaac.kearse.co.nz/2010/01/10/async-table-views-with-macruby/
http://flyosity.com/mac-os-x/clickable-tweet-links-hashtags-usernames-in-a-custom-nstextview.php
http://perspx.com/archives/making-list-views-really-fast/

Thanks,