[MacRuby-devel] Validating App Store binaries

Chris Lloyd christopher.lloyd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:24:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to submit a MacRuby app that I've been working on to the App
Store. I'm using v0.10 and XCode 4. A working binary is produced, however
validation fails because of multiple missing symlinks. This happens even
with an empty app generated from the scaffold. It seems as though there are
two issues:

   1. In the macruby.framework directory there is no "Current" version.
   Creating a symlink for this doesn't work as Xcode gets confused with the
   separate Info.plist. A workaround I've been using is to rename the "0.10"
   folder to "Current".
   2. None of the Headers are copied in.

Am I doing something wrong? This seems like something that somebody must
have stumbled into before.

Cheers,

Chris Lloyd

PS. It would be kick-ass if ruby_deploy supported Bundler for getting a list
of Gems to include. `macruby_deploy --compile --embed --bundle`