[MacRuby-devel] How do I get gems into XCode/MacRuby environment?

Paul Davis peedeemail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:44:33 PDT 2011

I'm past the Hello World tutorial, and want to try something useful but I cannot seem to access my gems from within the XCode/MacRuby environment. rubygems is there, as is pp; but not, for instance hpricot.

$gem list --local
hpricot (0.8.1, 0.6.164)
rack (1.0.1)
rails (2.3.5, 2.3.4, 1.2.6)

Within rb_main.rb:

puts "Loading rubygems... #{require 'rubygems'}" #=> true
puts "Loading pp... #{require 'pp'}" #=> true

but

puts "Loading hpricot... #{require 'hpricot'}"

gets me "no such file to load -- hpricot (LoadError)"

Any hints? Do I need to hunt down the full path?