[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport crash

Nathaniel Talbott nathaniel at talbott.ws
Sat Apr 16 06:52:35 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Nathaniel Talbott <nathaniel at talbott.ws> wrote:

> I have not tried to get it to crash on my development box (though I'll
> probably attempt that next); perhaps the difference is running it on a
> box that truly has never had the new BridgeSupport installed?

OK, running on this hunch, I got it to crash on my local dev box.
Reproduction is trivial: simply remove or rename
/System/Library/BridgeSupport/ruby-1.8/bridgesupportparser.bundle.
This file, which is added by the preview3 BridgeSupport installer,
seems to be at the root of the issue. Apparently it's required for
some reason if the BridgeSupport files are embedded within an app.

Continuing my investigations,

--
Nathaniel Talbott
<:((><