[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport crash

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Sun Apr 17 00:09:18 PDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Nathaniel Talbott
> <nathaniel at spreedly.com> wrote:
>
>> Excellent! Can't wait to see your commit, since I've been playing with
>> a fix and am curious if I'm even looking in the right place :-)
>
> Attached is my hacky patch; my sample app works if I build with it
> (going to move on to getting my app out next!). Can't wait to see
> Laurent's solution - mine feels sub-optimal.

Your patch is a good workaround for you but cannot be included, as it's not going to work as expected if the user uses macruby_deploy --bs on a system where BridgeSupport preview has not been installed.

I committed a fix that should work in all cases: we now parse the BridgeSupport file version number and propagate it to MacRuby core, which will accordingly load the hacks.

https://github.com/MacRuby/MacRuby/commit/eedc8a3b28adc6933087e3b2694e2a1d902bd1ec

Let me know if it works for you. I just wrote that patch and haven't got the time to fully test it yet.

Once BridgeSupport preview ships with a version of Mac OS X, it will be time to finally get rid of the hacks :)