[MacRuby-devel] Hot Cocoa

Mark Rada mrada at marketcircle.com
Fri Apr 29 20:25:55 PDT 2011

For those that are still interested in Hot Cocoa, my fork has merged in changes from all the other forks and I've been making several other changes.

Thanks to help of Watson, the application builder is now completely working again (AFAICT, since I only have a few regression tests), and the example apps appear to be working. My plan is to continue going through the source and adding documentation and regression tests, as well as some additional mappings and other small features. I'm not sure if I'll have as much time as needed in the next few months, so I wouldn't say the project is now maintained.

My interest in hot cocoa is mostly driven by curiosity. I'd like to better understand its capabilities and where it can be applied; specifically how it exceeds or falls short of Interface Builder and how they can be used together. It also seems like an interesting way to learn more about Cocoa (which I am still getting the hang of).

Mark Rada
mrada at marketcircle.com