[MacRuby-devel] A Future for MacRuby

David Frantz websterindustro at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 15:43:40 PST 2011

The XCode integration is actually something that I find bothersome, especially the reliance upon nibs or whatever they are called.  As an IDE goes XCode has never really been professional level, though I know that statement frustrates many it is very much true.

As to nibs well the whole thing is just very obtuse and frustrating to me.    Mind you my background is not the same as many here, being focused on industrial automation, but if find the use of nibs and Interface builder to be very taxing and not very object Oriented.  MacRuby would likely generate a lot more interest if they moved away from the interface builder approach to GUI development.    I know this will result in many arrows coming my way, but really folks lets be objective here IB is a very strange departure from most GUI development systems.

Sent from my iPad