[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby scripting bridge speed

Alan Skipp al_skipp at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 22 09:15:07 PST 2011

On 16 Dec 2011, at 15:17, Stephen Horne wrote:

> This code works, but it takes 15+ seconds to set up the link to InDesign (similar stuff with safari takes about 1 second, and in applescript or rb-appscript it takes about a tenth of a second for either InDesign or safari).
>
> I also tried SBApplication.applicationWithBundleIdentifier("com.adobe.indesign"), and this was just the same.

I can confirm the same problem with setting up a scripting bridge link to InDesign. In my experience rb-appscript is far superior to scripting bridge, it's a shame it can no longer be developed. Explained here:

http://appscript.sourceforge.net/status.html

I've never attempted to use macruby-appscript, but it might be worth trying?

https://github.com/dnagir/appscript/tree/master/macruby-appscript/trunk

Al