[MacRuby-devel] HotCocoa futures

isaac kearse isaackearse at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 13:21:18 PST 2011

Hi Rich,

Thanks for starting a new thread - I was just getting ready to pollute
the future of MacRuby thread with some more HotCocoa talk :)

Jordan:

"The goal of the project is to simplify the process of creating and
configuring Cocoa objects used when building native Mac apps"
https://github.com/HotCocoa/hotcocoa/blob/master/README.markdown

We should probably do a better job of explaining what this means in
more detail - I have opened an issue for this here:
https://github.com/HotCocoa/hotcocoa/issues/44

Writing more concise code is great, but I wouldn't say it is my
primary motivation, here are some other reasons why I use HotCocoa:

* It helps you to write clearer and more idiomatic MacRuby code
* Express your UI in code rather than IB
* Makes it easier to use Xcode alternatives like TextMate
* Helps you to package your code
* Provides a basic structure for your project

Cheers,
Isaac