[MacRuby-devel] "incorrect checksum for freed object" with Nokogiri (w/simple test case)

Andre Lewis andre.lewis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:16:19 PST 2011

Hello,

Nokogiri started working with MacRuby 0.8, which is awesome. However, I'm
getting sporadic crashes: "incorrect checksum for freed object - object was
probably modified after being freed."

It doesn't crash every time I run the test, but if I run it 10 times, I get
one or more failures.

***Self-contained script to reproduce:*** https://gist.github.com/797346.

***Example crash output:***

    $ macruby nokogiri_test.rb
    starting
    Nokogiri parsed the html
    Run # 0: OK
    Run # 1: OK macruby(59860,0x100f81000) malloc: *** error for object
0x10944ce38: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably
modified after being freed.
    Abort trap

***My Nokogiri info:***

    $ nokogiri -v
    ---
    warnings: []
    nokogiri: 1.4.4
    ruby:
      version: 1.9.2
      platform: universal-darwin10.0
      engine: macruby
    libxml:
      binding: extension
      compiled: 2.7.3
      loaded: 2.7.3

***MacRuby Info***

    $ macruby -v
    MacRuby 0.8 (ruby 1.9.2) [universal-darwin10.0, x86_64]

I posted to the Nokogiri list (
https://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/issues/issue/406). The test case runs
on all the other Ruby versions we've tried, so it seems Macruby-specific.

Any insight appreciated!

Andre