[MacRuby-devel] Close Current window and Pass Data

Buddy Lindsey, Jr. percent20 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 15:01:56 PST 2011

I have had some good success in getting large chunks of my app done, but
there are a few things that I can't seem to figure out, or at least get to
working.

I was able to figure out how to open up a new window that was based on a xib
file, but what I really want to do is open the new window and close the
current one which opened the new one.

Also in the process of opening the new window I want to pass some data, at
this point a single string. What is the best way to go about this? My lack
of experience with cocoa, and by extension objective-c, is really killing me
on figuring this out. Unfortuneatly there isn't just a simple close() method
to call.

Here is the code I am playing with to get this to work. Any help would be
appreciated.

https://gist.github.com/813803

Thanks
Buddy