[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby Book expectations

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:45:25 PST 2011

Thank you very much Jean-Denis, you've provided me with very valuable
information.

My publisher and I have been trying to define the audience for the book and
what content belongs to the book. We've been lacking feedback from readers
like you, people experienced with Cocoa but looking to use MacRuby instead
or with Objective-C.

I took note of everything you wrote and will do my best to cover all or most
of the mentioned topics. Andy my editor suggested to start working on
appendix for some of these topics we can't really find a spot for. We are
also going to try to give more pointers to people starting with Ruby so even
though we don't teach Ruby we can help the reader easily find the
information he/she might be missing.

Caio, at this point, there aren't any tools that are mature enough and
provide the type of features provided by Xcode.
I understand your interest, but writing a book is a lot of work and
unfortunately, one has to make hard choices. That's exactly why I won't be
covering HotCocoa or alternatives to Xcode :(

- Matt