[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport Requirement

Martin Hawkins martin.hawkins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 01:07:57 PST 2011

I installed BridgeSupport Preview 3 in order to resolve some issues
related to errors looking up constant values. The new BridgeSupport
worked fine and the application I have been working runs fine. I have
'embedded' MacRuby so that it can be distributed but here I come
unstuck.

When run on a computer that does not have the BridgeSupport upgrade,
it crashes; it seems that, while the app makes no reference to the
MacRuby framework, it does need the new version of BridgeSupport in
order to run.

This makes the notion of an embedding fragile - is there a way to
embed the required BridgeSupport, or must I require that users upgrade
their BrigeSupport before they install my app.?