[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport Requirement

Martin Hawkins martin.hawkins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:30:39 PST 2011

Thank you for the replies.

> > On 8/02/2011, at 10:50 PM, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>
> >> Hi Martin,
>
> >> There is a way: if you copy the .bridgesupport files of your system inside your application's bundle, under the Resources/BridgeSupport directory, MacRuby should look at them in priority.
>
> >> Examples:
>
> >>        Foo.app/Contents/Resources/BridgeSupport/Foundation.bridgesupport
> >>        Foo.app/Contents/Resources/BridgeSupport/AppKit.bridgesupport
> >>        etc.

Just to confirm -
I have added a folder under Resources in Xcode called BridgeSupport
into which I have copied
  AppKit.bridgesupport
  CoreServices.bridgesupport
  Cocoa.bridgesupport and
  Foundation.bridgesupport

When I build now, I see the Contents/Resources/BridgeSupport directory
containing the .bridgesupport files, so it seems to have had the
desired effect.
I'll be able to get it tested soon and I'll let you know if there are
any further problems.

> >> I think we should add an option to macruby_deploy to automate this. Could you file a ticket?

Will file a ticket now.