[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport Requirement

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Wed Feb 9 02:21:59 PST 2011

Hi Martin,

Are you sure you embedded the BridgeSupport file defining the kInternetEventClass constant?

Looking on my system, it's in the HIServices.bridgesupport file.

You need to embed all BridgeSupport file dependencies, not only Cocoa or Foundation. Here is a command snippet that will embed *all* of them:

$ find /System/Library/Frameworks -name "*.bridgesupport" -exec cp {} /path/to/MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/BridgeSupport \;

That is going to increase your app bundle of about 7MB. You can remove the frameworks files you don't use after,. The solution we will implement in macruby_deploy might be a bit smarter by only embedding the files you need.

Laurent