[MacRuby-devel] book idea - "making it look like Ruby"

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sat Feb 12 16:35:12 PST 2011

At 11:01 AM +1300 2/13/11, Arthur Gunn wrote:
>> Ruby is extremely flexible.  I'm quite sure that some
>> metaprogramming  could be used to prototype something
>> for experimentation.
>
> For the sake of experimentation then, here's some ruby
> code that does that: https://gist.github.com/824163
>
> I don't think that implementing this in macruby would
> be a terrible idea. ...

I certainly don't think it's a terrible idea to TRY.  If
the results are uglier and/or more confusing than normal
MacRuby, we'll have learned something and can move on.

The next step, for someone with the time and energy, is
to pick a working MacRuby example and transliterate the
code to use this hack.  That will allow folks to assess
both the performance and the appearance of the hack.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation