[MacRuby-devel] layout and naming conventions?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sat Jan 1 13:29:13 PST 2011

One of the things that I liked about Ruby on Rails from the
start was its use of a regular directory layout, allowing
both code and coders to know where to look for things.

I'm currently developing a Rails-inspired framework aimed
at making Google SketchUp plugins easier and safer to write.
So, I've been looking hard at the conventions (eg, directory
layout, file naming) used by Rails and inventing others if I
can't find a suitable one to steal.

The recent thread on testing made me remember a question I've
had for some time.  Are there documented Best Practices for
MacRuby app organization?  I'd assume that these would start
with the organizations used by Xcode and the packaging tool,
but I could also imagine slots for documentation, tests, etc.

Can anyone give me pointers and/or a rundown on the current
situation?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation