[MacRuby-devel] layout and naming conventions?

Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten joseph at josephholsten.com
Sun Jan 2 03:26:58 PST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Rich Morin wrote:
> Are there documented Best Practices for MacRuby app organization?  I'd assume that these would start with the organizations used by Xcode and the packaging tool, but I could also imagine slots for documentation, tests, etc.

The rip folks have been rethinking standard gem directory structure to be more similar to the normal /etc stuff. I'd also recommend you think about ye olde autoconf's structure, while though old, crufty and unpleasant, has a place for everything. See http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Installation-Directory-Variables

One thing I wouldn't know where to put in my repo is the stuff autoconf would put in datadir. I think this stuff would normally end installed in Foo.app/Contents/Resources/.
--
http://josephholsten.com