[MacRuby-devel] CoreAudio frameworks

Garett Shulman garett.shulman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:52:46 PST 2011

Hello, is it possible to use CoreAudio frameworks from MacRuby?  I am trying the following simple experiment:
irb(main):001:0> framework 'AudioUnit'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> load_bridge_support_file 'AudioUnit.bridgesupport'
=> main
irb(main):003:0> AudioComponentFindNext(nil, [KAudioUnitType_Generator])
TypeError: unrecognized runtime type `{AudioComponentDescription=IIIII}'

I create the bridgesupport file with: gen_bridge_metadata --64-bit -f AudioUnit -o AudioUnit.bridgesupport

However, I do not see any struct definitions in the generated bridgesupport file.  If anyone has thoughts about documentation resources which may be illuminating or any other insights or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! -Garett