[MacRuby-devel] objective-c runtime

kyossi kyossi212 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:17:06 PST 2011

Hi,

MacRuby support bridgesupport .You can call any C-function,
See "Accessing Static APIs" in
http://www.macruby.org/documentation/tutorial.html

but..I cannot load bridgesupport file for runtime.h

$ cd /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/usr/include/objc
$ gen_bridge_metadata -c '-I.' runtime.h > ~/Desktop/runtime.bridgesupport
$ macirb
irb > load_bridge_support_file "/Users/kyossi/Desktop/runtime.bridgesupport"
NameError: Method is already defined

It seems like one line in runtime.bridgesupport conflict with Method
class in ruby.
<opaque name='Method' type='^{objc_method=}'/>

When I tried with comment out above line, load_bridge_support_file()
succeeded and could call some function.

irb > load_bridge_support_file "/Users/kyossi/Desktop/runtime.bridgesupport"
=> main
irb > class_getName(NSString)
=> "NSString"

I could not go further.