[MacRuby-devel] concurrent calling into macruby

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Thu Jan 6 14:48:25 PST 2011

Hi Joel,

Yes, MacRuby is fully re-entrant and multi-threaded. The GC also runs on its own threads and will allocate/collect memory from them. There shouldn't be any problem, assuming you are careful not trying to run into the same object from different threads.  Unlike the traditional Ruby implementation, there is no global lock to prevent race conditions.

If you run into a problem, let us know :)

Laurent