[MacRuby-devel] csv.rb oddity

Robert Rice rice.audio at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 09:00:35 PST 2011

Hi Gang:

The CSV package provides several different methods to read and parse CSV files and I use several of the options in my application without any problems. The CSV.open method returns an instance of CSV as the error indicates. You invoke the shift method on a CSV instance to parse a line from the file and return the result in an Array or invoke the left shift method "<<" to encode a line when writing. Try the following:

CSV.open('save.csv', 'r') do | csv |
	row = csv.shift
	puts row.inspect
end