[MacRuby-devel] Deploying a MacRuby.app with the GCD Dispatch gem

Arron Mabrey arron at mabreys.com
Fri Jan 7 10:24:20 PST 2011

I want to use the Dispatch gem in my MacRuby.app.

https://github.com/gunn/Dispatch

The gem is installed.

However I'm having problems just requiring it.
# app_controller.rb
require 'rubygems'
require 'dispatch'

Errors out with.
/Users/arron/code/MyApp/build/Debug/MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:18:in
`block': no such file to load -- dispatch (LoadError)
	from /Users/arron/code/MyApp/build/Debug/MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/rb_main.rb:16:in
`<main>'

What are the proper steps to require a gem within a Xcode project? Is
it necessary to require rubygems?

Also what are the proper steps to include the gem in the app to
resolve dependancies at deployment?

Arron Mabrey