[MacRuby-devel] Question on Hash performance

Vincent Isambart vincent.isambart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 00:46:02 PST 2011

Hi,

> I'm not perfectly sure this applies to MacRuby, but I suspect it should since our Array is implemented on top of NSMutableArray

MacRuby's Array was based on CFArray at some point but it's not anymore.
If I remember correctly there were a few reasons for it, including :
- CFArray's performance characteristics are very different from the
standard Ruby's array
- we had to do some boxing/unboxing for simple types (integers, booleans)

Note that if you want CFArray's performance characteristics you can
still use NSArray in MacRuby.