[MacRuby-devel] BridgeSupport v2

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Wed Jan 19 02:14:03 PST 2011

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the late reply.

Reverting to an earlier BridgeSupport is hard. Basically, you would need to first remove all BridgeSupport directories from /System/Library/Frameworks, then re-install the original BridgeSupport distribution. The last step involves copying the files from the operating system DVD, or building the project sources (available at opensource.apple.com). So, this can be tricky. I can eventually write an installer that restores the system to the original project version, but I'm not sure if it would be needed (the new BridgeSupport is really much better than the old one).

There is no implication on the build process of your app. You do not need to rebuild your app or rebuild/reinstall MacRuby to benefit from the new BridgeSupport.

Laurent