[MacRuby-devel] Extending MacRuby to platforms other than OSX?

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Jan 25 10:49:17 PST 2011

> An other Objective-C Runtime language, Nu, is already iOS and Linux compatible, but doesn't rely on Objective-C GC...
> nothing is impossible and this one is certainly worth it.

So it means they have managed to run objc4 on Linux, wonder if anyone has tried libauto (GC library) on Linux as well? I think this may be the only showstopped, unless libauto does not relay on any specific Darwin memory allocation tricks.

FYI both objc4 runtime and libauto GC are open-sourced:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/objc4/
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/libauto/

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | tel. +48 605 446 492