[MacRuby-devel] My MacRuby app has been accepted on the Mac App Store!

azzzz at gmx.net azzzz at gmx.net
Fri Jul 8 10:21:39 PDT 2011

Hey Everyone!

My App has finally been accepted onto the Mac App Store :-)

http://luckymac.com/

It took a while but we got there in the end! Originally the app was named LuckyMac Lottery (as I was planning on doing a few 'LuckyMac' apps) but they didn't like the word 'Mac' in the app title so I changed it to 'Lucky Lottery'.

The app wasn't planned - a friend crowd sources numbers for the lottery on Twitter, and so one day I created a Ruby script for him - and then thought, wonder if I could make it an executable script where he'd just have to double click it! Then, wonder if I could use MacRuby to make it into an App!

Anyway, Have you got a lucky Mac? Find out with my app! If any of you want a promo code just let me know :-)

Thanks to all of you who helped me with the MacRuby stuff, and particularly Daniel and Matt (Matt - a lot of your stuff helped me via google searches! Such as adding sound fx.)

Aston