[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy problem with app having space in name

James Chen ashchan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:30:30 PDT 2011

Hey guys,

I have an app with a space in the name. macruby_deploy fails to do its job:

$ macruby_deploy --compile --embed --bs Gmail\ Notifr.app
*** Deployment started
*** Embedding MacRuby.framework
*** Embed BridgeSupport system files
*** Fix install path of binaries
*** Fix identification name of libmacruby
/usr/bin/otool: can't open file: Gmail (No such file or directory)
/usr/bin/otool: can't open file:
Notifr.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.2/universal-darwin10.0/bigdecimal.bundle
(No such file or directory)
Error when executing `/usr/bin/otool -L Gmail
Notifr.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.2/universal-darwin10.0/bigdecimal.bundle'

Quoting the app name doesn't help.

(I could change the app name and the executable name in the package content,
use macruby_deploy on it then change back the name)

(On another machine I have nightly build of April installed, and that
macruby_deploy actually worked).

Thanks!

---
James Chen